Licensing issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licensing issue

I just upgraded to VRay 2.1 and I can't seem to get it to see my license: "Could not obtain license (-197)." is the message I get. I have registered the servers, rebooted Max and my computer several times, messed with settings, etc. My dongle is pretty old, though (9-10080770). Maybe that's the problem?

Thanks.
    - Geoff

Hmm... now I just uninstalled all VRay and WIBU files and re-installed them, rebooted, and now the WIBU server manager says "WibuKey Network Server is NOT running!"
    - Geoff

Comment

AND if I unplug the dongle and put it into a different USB slot, Windows finds it and I get "Device driver was no successfully installed."
      - Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by YoyoBoy View Post
        I just upgraded to VRay 2.1 and I can't seem to get it to see my license: "Could not obtain license (-197)." is the message I get. I have registered the servers, rebooted Max and my computer several times, messed with settings, etc. My dongle is pretty old, though (9-10080770). Maybe that's the problem?

Thanks.
        This error code means that there is no license at all for V-Ray 2.0. It would be best to email us to vray@chaosgroup.com to clear this up with our support guys.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by YoyoBoy View Post
          Hmm... now I just uninstalled all VRay and WIBU files and re-installed them, rebooted, and now the WIBU server manager says "WibuKey Network Server is NOT running!"
          That's ok, you don't need the WIBU network server at all.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
          X