Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Distributed rendering, 1.50 sp4a, PCloud, max 2010 problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed rendering, 1.50 sp4a, PCloud, max 2010 problems...

Yes, the software isn't the latest, but we've hit a problem with a Particle Cloud (pcloud) not rendering on distributed rendering, which is a pain as it's interwoven inside another effect on the animation. In fact it's a little stubborn to render in vray full stop, but we can get it working now and then if we bring just the cloud into a fresh copy of max and turn most stuff off.

The problem is that it either never appears, or if it does, it doesn't animate or if it does it flickers like crazy, and if we manage to solve that then it does this crazy explosion type thing that looks like the particles shot off everywhere and left smoke trails.

Question is, can it work, or are we going to gave to jump into scan line and composite?

It would be really handy if it can be forced to work inside the scene so we can DR it and be done... it's not doing anything flashy, just a rising column of particles.

1.50 sp4a, 2010, windows vista 64... using lightcache and brute force...

Cheers for any advice.
    Digital Progression

It would be best if you can get me a scene to vlado@chaosgroup.com so that we can look at it.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

will do... will be there in 2 mins
      Digital Progression

Comment

hi vlado, any news?

ta
        Digital Progression

Comment

Working...
        X