Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compositor Link - After effects interop - does it work with vray cam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compositor Link - After effects interop - does it work with vray cam?

Just started to play around with this new 2012 subscription feature, After effects interop. Any others here tested it too? When i try to use it with a vraycam some weird errors popping up. Is it supported right now or are the errors coming more from stuff like comma and point windows 7 things you also have to change as i read on the area blog

thx in advance!

Grüße aus Stuttgart
    Olika
    OLIKA
    www.olika.de

Can you get me some more specific reproduction steps for this?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi, from the tests i have done, it doesn't work with vraycam, due to some problems in the way statesets save the object information (ignoring anyhing that isn't a max camera). The bug is reported to Marsel and Michael.

Best regards,
      Daniel Santana
      Daniel Santana | Co-Founder / Technical Director
      You can do it! VFX
      Lisbon/Porto - Portugal
      http://www.ycdivfx.com

Comment

Hi vlado, thanks for the reply
        i feeled encouraged to test it again. So, simple teapot scene mith flying camera towards/over the teapot and some planes next to the teapot which i`ll try to match correctly in after effects. Same Camera flight with a standard cam and with the Vray Cam. Exporting the standard cam via the state sets works but somehow there is another glitch in AE. In the beginning of the Animation it look correctly matched (helpers etc.) but then it seems to be a little faster or slower as the rendered frames. Someone has me a hint on this one?
        But for the vray cam, no success ;-( When i try to export it pops up ths error message (see attachment) (Exposure,Vignette, Tilt shift etc. are all off as i said simple scene)

Best regards,
        Oli Kentner
        OLIKA
        www.olika.de

Comment

Ups Attachment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Message.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	302.3 KB
ID:	844781
          OLIKA