Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEASE HELP ! DEADLINE and Cannot save a file.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE HELP ! DEADLINE and Cannot save a file.

Hello All thanks you for any help.

I have a max file that is obvioulsy corrupt or something strange is happening. im on 2010 btw.

Takes about 10 min for it to save. I have deleted every object in the scene and with 0 polys and 0 objects it takes 10 min to save. If i merge the file to a new file the same action happens to the new file. Has to be something in max i dont know about. Please help.

Tried several scripts that clean tracks etc and nothing.
    Last edited by pskdude; 13-12-2011, 11:11 AM.
    Ruben Gil
    www.spvisionz.com
    www.linkedin.com/in/s2vgroup

Anyone ? Tried everything possible cleaned the whole scene, found nothing. Instead of merging i even tried saving selected objects one by one and on the first attempt it crashes since it takes over 10 min to save it. Tried different objects same result. <---frustrated already. rage
    Ruben Gil
    www.spvisionz.com

Comment

Did you do any physics calculations in this scene? If so, the cache of these is saved with the scene and can lead to this problem.
      Colin Senner

Comment

Thanks for you response Colin, just figured it out in case anyone ever has this issue.

Occasionally, a 3ds Max® scene may become inadvertently populated with additional note tracks in Track View, causing the scene file size and amount of time it takes to save the file to increase unexpectedly.

Script to remove them is in the below link.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...linkID=9241177
        Ruben Gil
        www.spvisionz.com

Comment

Working...
        X