Render crashes max after last bucket.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render crashes max after last bucket.

We're having some serious render issues with our scene. The render usually crashes after the last bucket finishes. Occasionally it crashes before the render starts as well. We suspect certain vrayproxy tree assets are causing the problem or possibly some multiscatter tree assets. All the assets render fine when their layers are on their own or when either layers are hidden. It seems to some combination of them or a conflict. Basically when we turn all the layers on it becomes crash-tastic. Also, we barely break 16 GB of ram usage when rendering and all our boxes have 32 GB. '

Below is a link to download the archived scene. I've also attached two images. One showing the error message. The next showing the likely layers causing errors and the arrangement we usually show or hide them.

System:
    Intel i7-2600K 3.4hz
    32 GB Ram
    Windows 7 - 64 bit
    3D Studio Max 2012 sp2

Beware the scene is big 500 MB+
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/207798/GE/DI...ay%20Error.zipClick image for larger version

Name:	DIST-Vray Error Message-2.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	873699Click image for larger version

Name:	DIST-Likely Layer Errors.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	873700

I have seen this behaviour once before. I think I solved it by reducing the bucket size to something small. Instead rendering 64x64 I rendered 4x4 around crushing region and all was well. Mind you that was only a still image and it wasn't the last bucket.
    Is all OK with your HDD where you are saving the image file. last bucket errors often indicate something is wrong with the saving process not rendering itself. Do vrimag rendering insted, that might help

Good luck

zoran

Comment

what sort of MOBO have you got to be able to fit 32GIG ram on it???
      You have 8GB sticks?

could be memory related issue
      Martin
      http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Yes we have tried rendering with very small bucket size. it doesn't seem to change anything. As far as I know our network storage is fine! we don't seem to have any issues saving anything else to it. I will get them to try VRimg again.

Comment

Originally posted by PIXELBOX_SRO View Post
          what sort of MOBO have you got to be able to fit 32GIG ram on it???
          You have 8GB sticks?

could be memory related issue
          No, we have 4gb x 8 in some workstations and 8gb x 4 in other. The problem seems to be consistent across different workstations.

Comment

The link to the scene in the first post seems incorrect; can you send the correct one to me at vlado@chaosgroup.com

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
            X