Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam Track/Match with Fish-eye Live Footage

Hi there,

I have some live footage in a street filmed with a Nikon Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED and a D7000.
    I have to cam track and match 3D on that live footage.
    T
    he thing is that with this lens, the distortion is extreme, so I was wondering what was the best workflow.
    http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/lens...g_ed/index.htm

Do I have to un-distort the footage and try to match 3D on top of it without distortion,
    or
    Do I have to leave the distortion on the footage, and try to match the Vray Physical Cam distortion type and amount to match.

The thing is that every program un-distort my live footage slightly differently. That's why I wonder if I will have a close camera match.
    I saw also that there is a "Lens File" type in the Vray Physical Cam Distortion roll-out, is that something that we could retrieve from Nikon and that would be the most accurate to match?

Thanks for your advise

Stan
    3LP Team

As far as I know the undistort features of syntheyes can match values in vray so you can track with a distortion value, and then render with the same value in vray. It's better to undistort the footage though for your viewport backgrounds as straight lines are far nicer to work with!

Comment

Working...
    X