Vray distance tex not correct behaviour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray distance tex not correct behaviour

Hi Vlado, I wanted to drive my volumeselect modifier with vray distance tex, but it not work like it should. For example if I have plane and i move it in 0,0,0 world space and i put on it vray distance tex modifier, then i create box which intersect plane and i move it in also 0,0,0 world space, and in distance tex a pick the box, and in plane volumeselect modifier i select stack selection level to verticles and in select by rolout i select the texture map and asign vray distance tex. Now everithing works like it should, even if i animate the box to see the resuldts, the verticles are selecter correctly, but problem starts when i start moving the plane, the selection is ofsetting around the plane, and it is not respecting the box. Can you please look on it. I wanted to do some procedural effect with this approach but i cant. Thank a lot

also im using 3dsmax 2012 x64 with latest vray 2.20.01

Comment

The problem is that VRayDistanceTex does not receive correct coordinates when it is called in the viewport. Since modifiers operate in object space, they only pass the local coordinates to VRayDistanceTex and it has no way to find out what the actual world-space coordinates are.

Instead of moving the plane, just put an edit mesh on it, and move the vertices.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

it should be only math..

Comment

Working...
        X