2.20.03 "Check for missing files" causes backburner error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.20.03 "Check for missing files" causes backburner error

I've just upgraded our studio to 2.20.03 and I'm noticing an issue with the "Check for missing files" option.

If I submit a distributed rendering job to backburner with this option checked I get the "Missing" error message and the render stops.

If I render the same file within max I can see in the log that every render node is reporting "Missing maps found; aborting render". However all the nodes can definitely see the maps, If I un-check "Check for missing files" the problem goes away and the render completes correctly.

Just thought you'd like to know as this feature was one of the bug fixes from 2.20.01

Cheers,
    Olly
    Set V-Ray class properties en masse with the VMC script
    Follow me for script updates: @ollyspolys

This works fine here from what I could test. Which files are listed as missing?

There is nothing changed in V-Ray 2.20 regarding this issue; the fix was for a different situation involving the "Check for missing files" option.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I got that same problem. Have to uncheck check for missing files option to use BB...

Also V crashes my max on BB and stops slave from restaring max untill I check the error icon to close down max crash icon manually...
      CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Originally posted by DADAL View Post
        Also V crashes my max on BB and stops slave from restaring max untill I check the error icon to close down max crash icon manually...
        Can you explain this a bit more?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado,

I've just figured out our issue: user error.

Sorry to have wasted your time!

Thanks for replying though.

Cheers,
          Olly

Comment

olly how did u fixed ur error?

Vlado - not sure. I just check salve and I see crashed icon of MAX (the standard windows one if something close) so I just pick close program and after that max get restarted and all works fine... Havent started to troubleshot it or anything yet tho..
            CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

@DADAL

As I said our issue was user error. I was working from a folder that our render farm didn't have permission to access.

Comment

Working...
              X