Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR slaves that go offline hang buckets indefinately

Our Setup:
    We operate inside a large firm with roughly 400 workstations firm-wide. When users log off, a 'VRayUser' with its own set of policy/privileges is logged in automatically and starts Backburner as a service. When a user logs in, the VRayUser is logged out and BB service (and all other apps started by that user session) are stopped. We also have dedicated slaves in the server rack that are up all the time, but far far fewer of them than the available user slaves.

We start VRaySpawner jobs via BB command line. We shut them down manually by deleting the BB job when we are done so that others can use the slaves as usual for animations, strip renders etc.

The Issue:
    When we have a DR job using a user workstation, all works as expected; the spawner fires up and we can use it for DR. But we are finding that when a user logs in and the spawner is killed, those buckets hang and don't get picked up by other slaves.

regards,

jonah

Simmilar problem here !
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Do the renders eventually finish or just hang forever?
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Originally posted by jonahhawk View Post
        But we are finding that when a user logs in and the spawner is killed, those buckets hang and don't get picked up by other slaves.
        Hm, this worked fine when I tried with the latest V-Ray version. If V-Ray detects that a render slave disconnects, it will reassign its buckets to other machines. There was a bug in older V-Ray versions where such buckets could indeed hang, but this was fixed for the latest service pack.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X