Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 VRayDisplacementMod on top each other, but only top one renders

Hi all

So I have a max plain object with 100 width and heights segments. I add VRayDisplacement twice, each with a noice map. One with a noise size of 500 and the other with noise size of 100. The 500, I displace 1000mm, and the 100 I displace 50mm.

However at render time, I only ever see the top most VRayDisplacementMOD. If I swop them in the stack, I then see whichever is on top only.

What am I missing here?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

i dont thisk the vraydisplacement MOD can be stacked ....instead try using MAX displacement modifier and pud a vraydisplacementMOD on top
    Martin
    http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

I'm struggling big time to get the same result with a max displacement, than the nice one I'm getting with VRayDisplacement. Same values doesnt produce same results. In fact, the max one looks terrible
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

You'll probably have to layer the two noise maps together using the vray comp tex. If you leave your noise 500 as normal, and then put your noise 100 into additive mode, and use the output dialog to set it's rgb level to 0.05 it should be similar to having your smaller noise contributing a small amount of the displacement.

Comment

Working...
        X