Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animated Trees and Fountains Proxy Problem

Hi guys,

We have been rendering an animation for Kuwait Towers and a problem occurred when rendering some proxies that were animated in different programs. For example - the foreground trees are animated proxies (Onyx Tree) and the fountains were made using Real Flow. As you can see parts of them are missing - all maps and paths are correct and everything is located where it should be. I tried merging everything in a new scene, reloading maps and proxies, but it doesn't work. Every frame is rendered with different parts missing (I have attached 2 different frames from the sequence of the animation for your referrence). This is really freaking me out as the deadline is really tight and we're running out of time. Anyone have an idea where the problem is?

Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM_FRONT01_.RGB_color.0125.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	522.1 KB
ID:	873799
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM_FRONT01_.RGB_color.0100.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	522.1 KB
ID:	873800

We are using Max Design 2011 SP2 x64 and Vray 1.50.SP5

Thanks in advance!
    REDVERTEX
    redvertex.com

do all the proxies look ok in the viewport?
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Guys, we've found where the problem is. The camera has motion blur switched on and from the render settings in Vray/Camera I've changed the default value of motion blur geometry samples from 2 to 3. Apparently animated proxies don't work well when you change the default value to a bigger number. When we switched it back to 2 everything got to render correctly. I don't know if this is a Vray bug and if it needs to be fixed in next versions but this is the problem when rendering animated proxies.
      REDVERTEX
      redvertex.com

Comment

Working...
      X