vrayvelocity flicker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vrayvelocity flicker

I have a camera following an aircraft at high speed, but the speed difference between the plane and the camera is minimal. The resulting velocity pass appears to flicker randomly from one frame to the next.
    Can you think of any setting that I might have set that would cause this problem?
    I have scaled the velocity correctly, so I don't think that this is the problem.
    Any ideas?
    Many Thanks
    Patrick

Beeing too far from the origin you might hit rounding errors with floating points. Every digit in front of the dot basically eliminates one digit of accuracy. Just a shot in the dark. That's something that has hit us in the past.

Regards,
    Thorsten

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion.
      The camera and plane are close to the origin, but there is a large groundplane. Does having objects far from the origin, but not part of the render (ie not visible to camera) contribute to these rounding errors?
      Many Thanks
      Patrick

Comment

Ok, I think I've found the problem.
        I was saving the files out as multichannel EXR files using RPManager (although I don't think RPManager is the issue). I was then viewing the velocity channel using PdPlayer.
        Saving the files out as seperate EXR files appears to produce a correct velocity channel.
        Incedentally, the velocity channel in the multichannel file appears to be totally different to how it appears in the vfb and in the single channel EXRs.
        Many Thanks
        Patrick

Comment

Actually, the problem remains on the single channel EXR's.... argh... the flicker is just alot less noticeable.
          Many Thanks
          Patrick

Comment

Working...
          X