Render Elements not saved in VFB - A BUG (?) - vray 2.20.02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render Elements not saved in VFB - A BUG (?) - vray 2.20.02

I used the VFB and none of the render elements got saved.

They were created but sionce I rendered some frames - I can only use the last frame elements.

Any idea what to do ?

NIR
    3ds Max 2016/2021 (Vray 6.x), Windows 10 64bit , AMD 2990WX ThreadRipper 32/64 Cores, 128 gigs RAM , 2X RTX3090 48GB RAM

Can you get me more details? I couldn't quite understand what is your particular setup. From my own tests the elements are saved properly.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

vlado

simple setup - I use the VRAY Frame Buffer and some render elements - the elements did not get saved to file.
      Uדןמע Max Design 2012/2011 -Vray 2.20.02
      The only file saved was the Beauty render from the VFB.

When using the 3ds max render buffer - everything is saved as it should.

Nir
      3ds Max 2016/2021 (Vray 6.x), Windows 10 64bit , AMD 2990WX ThreadRipper 32/64 Cores, 128 gigs RAM , 2X RTX3090 48GB RAM

Comment

What is the file format? Did you use the "Split render channels" option, or you write out an .exr/.vrimg file?

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

OK

SOLVED - I think the problem was that I did not use the split channel.
          For years I used the MAX frame buffer and now that I tried the VFB - I did not know about this option.
          THX

Comment

has this behavior changed recently? i could've sworn the vray frame buffer would output separate render element files based on the paths specified in the max ui even if "Save Separate Render Channels" was disabled. what happens if you are saving to .tga or another format that does not support additional render channels (like exr does)? do the elements just disable entirely?

Comment

It has always been like this.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Working...
              X