Vray 2.20.03 Throwing Unhandled Exception w/ Changing Topo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 2.20.03 Throwing Unhandled Exception w/ Changing Topo

I am getting crash to CER and Unhandled Exception errors when trying to render with Vray 2.20.03, max2010 x64, Supermesher OR XMesh. It seems to be related to changing topology and motion blur. As frames, more often than not, will render when there is no mBlur. ie the SuperMesher or XMesh object is moving too slow to generate mBlur.

I can roll back to Vray 2.10.01 and a frames render without issue using Supermesh OR XMesh so this seems to be directly related to 2.20.03.

I can provide a sample scene if necessary.
    Last edited by jrandom; 18-02-2012, 12:43 AM.
    particle makes perfect

Got similar recently when rendering with skin wrap in max 2012 and also on particle stuff with thinking particles - you could try turning up the geometry / subframe samples on just your particle objects so it's got more steps to work with and can fix some of the errors associated with sub frame birthing - may or may not work for you but worth a shot :/

Comment

Originally posted by jrandom View Post
      I can provide a sample scene if necessary.
      Yes, please send it to vlado@chaosgroup.com

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hey John, thanks will keep that in mind for the future, not currently applicable I think, all of my particles are already born at crash time. EDIT: I tried it just for the sake of it, didn't help, still crashed It is definitely a changing topology issue I can get the same crash with pArray and blobmesh.

Thanks Vlado, scene sent.
        Last edited by jrandom; 18-02-2012, 11:54 PM.
        particle makes perfect

Comment

Vlado all is good many thanks
          particle makes perfect

Comment

Working...
          X