Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayBlend and Fog Color

hi there !

first, i'm sorry for my really bad english, so i expose my problem with some image.

i build two simple glass shader and addon some color in the fog :

Click image for larger version

Name:	green_shader.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	873991Click image for larger version

Name:	Purple_shader.jpg
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	873992

now i place this shader in a standard Blend material with a bitmap mask : the result is good

Name:	Max_blend.jpg
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	873993

But if i place this shader and bitmap mask in a VRAYBLEND material the result is wrong :

Name:	Vray_blend.jpg
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	873994

i have not trouble with a simple shader with different diffuse, this append only when it is a glass with fog color

ZaK
    www.xavier-gueit.fr

When you use a VRayBlendMtl material, the fog is taken only from the base material.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Question: Could you not achieve the same result by mixing two colours with your bitmap as a mask (in a composite map) and input this in the fog colour slot of the refractive material instead of blending two materials. Since the only difference between the two mats is the colour of the fog, it would seem simpler and may be faster to render...
      Check my blog

Comment

Originally posted by BBB3 View Post
        Question: Could you not achieve the same result by mixing two colours with your bitmap as a mask (in a composite map) and input this in the fog colour slot of the refractive material instead of blending two materials. Since the only difference between the two mats is the colour of the fog, it would seem simpler and may be faster to render...
        It would work if the fog color was mappable, which it currently isn't. This is implemented for the next service pack though.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          It would work if the fog color was mappable, which it currently isn't. This is implemented for the next service pack though.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          Thats something I've wanted for quite some time. Any idea when that service pack would be released?

V Miller

Comment

Working...
          X