Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray sun random creation

hi guys
    in the last few days i've encountered several times a new, really tedious problem.

I am normally working on my scenes when, suddenly, a "VraySun" is created.
    The thing seems to happen completely random, and i get aware of it only by the suddenly fully-clamped white viewport or, at worst, at render time. No errors, no freezing, no strange outputs of the macro recorder. Nothing. It just appears.

This happened at least 7-8 times, on different files and different kinds of work (animations, architectural scenes with imported cads and fully "max-native" scenes). It happened in scenes where the sun+sky wasn't even ever used, and on more then one pc; one of them was a bare max+vray render node, with no plugins, scripts or other stuff on it.

Any clue? I'm currently using vray 2.20.03, and i often use vrayRT.
    Render and Animation - WWW.IMERGO.IT

happens to me all the time.. its an old bug that i thought had gone away, but seems to have cropped up again recently. vlado?

Comment

it's Strange. I have Vray since long tome but never happens.... And i Have FOUR licences in different pc. Strange it's happened now....

Comment

Are you merging objects from other scenes which contain the V-Ray sun? Or are you loading render presets that were saved with a VRaySky in the environment slot?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

case1) I Open a scene in Vray, work and the new Sun appear.
          case2) I start 3dsmax, import a dxf cad from autocad, start to put material and light.....and a new sun Appear.
          case3) in the last work, Yes I merged object from scene with VraySun

could be something related to the vraysky?

Comment

Originally posted by Karonte View Post
            could be something related to the vraysky?
            Yes, if you have the sun explicitly connected to the sky, it may be dragged along with the sky texture.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

ok. but it's not our case unfortunately.
              This afternoon we create a new file for an animation. We modeled some poly and apply some materials.
              Than we create a Composite material with a Vraycolor and a Vraysun appeared. Very Strange.... new scene... no Vraysky...

Comment

Ok, very odd. If you can remember the exact steps that you did to get the sun in there, it will be useful. I can't think of anything right away that will cause this behavior.

Also, can you tell me something about the new sun? What is its position and orientation in the scene?

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

It is created always in the same position. In the top View of 3dsMax (2011 64bit in our case...) it is created South/Ovest to North/East. Tomorrow i will try to keep more usefull information.

Comment

it happened again.
                    a new sun appeared.
                    the only thing I did was to import a simple vraymaterial ( a light gray..so no textures) from the material editor. The file from which I took the material does not have the sky nor the sun.
                    I realize that there are 2 suns on stage only at the rendertime because I usually hide lights ( after finish placing) .
                    Attached Files

Comment

after writing th last post i tried to delete the extra sun. Here my steps :
                      1) I deleted the old VRaySky from the environment slot
                      2) I deleted its instance from the material editor ( so no sky at all)
                      than...
                      3) I left my sun in the scene called "SOLESTRO" capitalized.
                      4) I create a NEW map Vraysky called "cielo" in the material editor.( i changed sun intensity parameter to 2). i choose my "SOLENOSTRO" sun.
                      5) I instanced it into environment slot.

.. i use 3dsmax "UNHIDE ALL" to see all object in the scene....and a new "solenostro" (write with no capital letters) is created!!!

Comment

If you're using the new material browser (not editor) which leaves the scenes you merged a material from open in between instances of max, it will bring those suns back in the second you press m.

you're making a new map, which involves using the map browser - and somewhere in your map browser you've still got a scene linked. Use the old one, the new one is completely useless because of this.

Comment

We will try. HOPE it will resolve our problems....
                          thanks

Comment

almost sounds like sun is bound to some short cut key? i'd say blow away max prefs and see if that works? I never personally had this problem.
                            Dmitry Vinnik
                            Silhouette Images Inc.
                            ShowReel:
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                            https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Hm, Dmitry may be right - maybe you can try to reinstall V-Ray with the "Register V-Ray menus" option disabled. We don't register any shortcuts, just menus, but one never knows...

Best regards,
                              Vlado

Comment

Working...
                              X