Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair and Fur

Hi

When I render with Hair and Fur (mrPrim) it renders great but upon termination (after the files are being saved correctly) Vray
    gives an UNHANDLED EXCEPTION error and I must crash max in order to use it again.

Anybody experiencing it ?

NIR
    3ds Max 2016/2021 (Vray 6.x), Windows 10 64bit , AMD 2990WX ThreadRipper 32/64 Cores, 128 gigs RAM , 2X RTX3090 48GB RAM

I'm getting this halfway through rendering.

Any tips?

I'm using VFB, vrayphysicalcamera, vraylights & vrayhairmtl.
    TD at http://brinkhelsinki.fi

3ds Max 2013 with VRay 2.30.01.
    Win 7, Intel Xeon X5675, Nvidia Quadro 5000, 48 gb ram.

Comment

Do you have the scene for this?

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Seems that i'm getting the same crashes as the ones above... also getting this when i'm trying to stop a render half-way through. Is there a fix for this? I'm using vray 2.20.03 and max2012 X64.

--I'm getting this message:
        error: UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: Broadcasting NOTIFY_POST_RENDER Last marker is at ./src/vray.cpp, line 421: Vray::freeData(), clearing render settings.
        Last edited by nborel; 11-04-2012, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Can you get me a scene for this to vlado@chaosgroup.com ?

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

Hi Vlado,
            I tried sending the file but your email provider isn't accepting it. I think i've isolated my problem. Hiding any objects with a vray light material applied seems to work.

Comment

I am sending it to you.

Nir
              3ds Max 2016/2021 (Vray 6.x), Windows 10 64bit , AMD 2990WX ThreadRipper 32/64 Cores, 128 gigs RAM , 2X RTX3090 48GB RAM

Comment

Hi Vlado, i sent you an email with another issue concerning Hair and Fur rendering in Vray. Basically the layering of different Hair styles with different Vray hair shaders screws up the whole look. Please let me know if you received it as i'm hoping there's a quick fix for the job i'm on now.

Comment

Originally posted by nborel View Post
                  Hi Vlado, i sent you an email with another issue concerning Hair and Fur rendering in Vray. Basically the layering of different Hair styles with different Vray hair shaders screws up the whole look. Please let me know if you received it as i'm hoping there's a quick fix for the job i'm on now.
                  Yes, I got that one. We can reproduce the issue here and we are looking into it (basically we currently don't handle the case where you might have several Hair&Fur modifiers on one object properly). If you can get me the crashing scene too, it will be great. We can get you FTP info to upload it.

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

Great news that you are looking into this issue... for the crashing scene i think i've deleted it but will see if i can reproduce it with a simpler scene. Thanks.

-actually i found the file its around 17megs if you can pass me the ftp info i'll gladly upload it for u.
                    Last edited by nborel; 23-04-2012, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nborel View Post
                      -actually i found the file its around 17megs if you can pass me the ftp info i'll gladly upload it for u.
                      Email our support guys to vray@chaosgroup.com and they will get you the info. Thanks!

Best regards,
                      Vlado

Comment

Vlado I've another strange behaviour about H&F that I think it could be a bug.

It's simple to reproduce.
                        Create a scene with object with H&F modifier assigned.
                        Into Effects menu set the H&F type to "mr prim".
                        Save it.

Create a new scene.
                        Merge the previous H&F object from scene saved and the type of H&F into the effects menu will be "buffer" and not "mr prim" as setted before.

Comment

Why would it be a bug? You merge just an object from the scene, not the render effect.

Best regards,
                          Vlado

Comment

its a render effect. In other words it wont be merged in to a new scene. For example if you setup 1 scene and set your VRay render settings, those settings is for THAT scene. When you merge your objects from that scene into a new scene, everything goes with EXCEPT your render setting and effects

Yes I know it sucks that your environment settings and render setting doesnt also get merged. If I can recall some1 had a script at 1 time I think that will let you also merge those, but that was a long time ago and I can't remember now if it was a script, or just some1 talking about doing a script for it. Check scriptspot.com, maybe you'll find something there
                            Last edited by Morne; 24-04-2012, 03:40 AM.
                            Kind Regards,
                            Morne

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                              Why would it be a bug? You merge just an object from the scene, not the render effect.

Best regards,
                              Vlado
                              Me fool... you are right... I suppose it should be a bug because the effects it's strictly related to merged object.... but ok... I understood.
                              I'll have always to remember to change the H&F type.

Comment

Working...
                              X