Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayIES Light and Irradiance Map

Hi!

I've created an interor scene with 30 (more or less) VrayIes lights.
    The problem is that the Irradiance Map calculation in some points is very very slow.

I've made different tests checking and unchecking parameters and so on, and I'm pretty sure it depends the shadow the VrayIES lights cast, more in depth I think that irradiance map has difficult to calculate in the area where VrayIESs shadows intersect, or something similar (maybe the same area shared by different lights)

In fact increasing the "cutoff" parameter (to a value around 0.005) it helps, but in the area where VrayIESs are very near each other it doesn't is sufficient.

Can someone help me to better understand how can I solve?

Unfortunately I can't change IES 'cause that's the model the client want, and also I can't decrease number of lights 'cause that's the project.

Thanks a lot!

Dump idea but in critical moments might work. Just animate lights to turn on/off on each fram 1 light per time. And render it all on separated passes
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Or you can use one cutoff value for the irradiance map calculation, save the map, and restore the cutoff for the final rendering.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
      X