DR Node error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR Node error

I'm having a problem with one of my nodes. Running Max 2009 Vray 1.5 windows XP Pro SP2 32 bit.

I can submit jobs to other nodes with similar specs normally.

Spawner starts and loads Vraydummy2009.max and blinks several times. It remains loaded in idle. This is not the continuous start and stop of Max discussed in other threads. Vraydummy2009 does not shut down while in idle. When a job is submitted the vray_server _scene_ file loads and crashes. This cycle repeats until the job is canceled.

This happens on several test scenes submitted from two workstations. I can load and render a test scene on this node from within Max while using a remote license, so I'm pretty sure it's not a license, file issue or Max install issue.

The Vray message indicates the correct host is added, states the scene is transferred to the node. Then it states the host is unknown and is not responding.

I looked at the spawner log but did not see anything unusual.

I have re-installed MAX, Backburner 2008.1 and Vray with no joy.

I removed Zone alarm and disabled windows firewall. There is no AV software on this machine.

Anyone have an idea about what could be causing this?

Do you have any HSDS modifiers in your scenes?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

No HSDS modifier. It won't even work with a simple sphere.

Comment

Turned out to be the view cube thing. Ran the Hotfix and problem went away. Strange it only affected one node.

Comment

Working...
        X