unknown property: newLight.override_shape=true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unknown property: newLight.override_shape=true

heya, i have a scene here with a pile of ies lights in. other than that its already a vray scene.

i thought id run the "new improved" scene converter in 2.30, with its ability to convert ies to vray-ies.

i got the error mentioned in the title and the conversion fails.

this is with max 2012 sp2 x64.

Well there's a reason the build is not officially announced yet Will fix the installation, but in the meantime replace the "vrayutils.ms" file in "c:\program files\3ds Max 2012\scripts\startup" with the attached one.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    Attached Files
    Last edited by vlado; 07-05-2012, 12:25 PM.
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

ahh haha.. here i am picking holes and its not officially cooked yet.. sorry i assumed since it was in the dl's section it was "released"

Comment

hm.. well since ive started poking i may as well carry on.. i ran the updated script and it worked, but my lights are much much brighter after the conversion....

Comment

For some web profiles, V-Ray and 3ds Max seem to calculate the resulting power differently; unfortunately we haven't been able to track the logic behind it.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

Eh well, scratch that... the script was setting the power first and then loaded the web profile which overwrote the original power. Thanks for the pointer.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Working...
            X