Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair and Fur - Updating Object though Layer or Efrect are OFF

Hi Vlado,

If I have an object with Hair and Fur on it, VRay, in the rendering process, start to calculate Hair and Fur, though the corresponding layer or Effect (8 shortcut key) are OFF.
    So, if I want to do some test render and speed-up the process, I must disable the modifier... I think the best option is, when the layer is OFF, VRay not use Hair and Fur in the calculations.
    VRay 2.20.03. We are waiting Multiscatter upgrade.

Thanks
    www.francescolegrenzi.com

VRay - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book
    Corona - THE COMPLETE GUIDE - The book

--- FACEBOOK ---

So you want V-Ray to check the status of the Hair&Fur render effect and to skip Hair&Fur rendering if it is disabled, is this correct?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Or by layer. I don't know what it's better as a work-flow or easiest way for you. I think we have more flexibility by layer. Like "Hidden Light" behavior for the light in the Global switches. If it's not possible by hidden layers, by Render effect is ok. If you have 6-7 carpets in an apartment, it's not easy to disable every Hair&Fur modifier. Thank =)

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

How would you do it by layers (other than hiding the base hair geometry)?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yes. if you hide the base geometry (by using layer visibility) , VRay disable Hair&Fur rendering. But also, if you disable in the Effect TAB, all the Hair&Fur modificer will be off. So, in this way, we have two choose: locally and globally. But if you have another idea, you are welcome

--- FACEBOOK ---

Comment

Working...
          X