Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glass reflection problem

Hi,

I am migrating from brazil 2 to vray and I am currently rendering my first vray renders. I used to do exterior glass reflections in brazil 2 this way. I put my desired background pic into brazil 2 glass material environment slot and used environment mapping in screen space. It got the job done nicely. In vray I tried to put my bg pic into environment slot of the vraymaterial but it didn't work out. How should I set up my vray material so it would function in the same way as in brazil 2? Other than that vray is working really nice for me and I was immeadiately getting nice results.

Hello there.

Vray Environment in Material Properties slot should work fine ? Another solution is to add background texture into Vray Reflection Environment Override in Render Setup window.
    Sent us an example scene to vray@chaosgroup.com if you still have difficulties with this setup and we will try to help you.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Ok. Thx for the reply. I ended up using planes with bg pic on it. It worked fine too.

Comment

Yes, the key issue here being "screen space" environment maps.
        Not sure what Brazil does regarding this, but in vray, screen spaced env.maps look like an image overlay.
        Signing out,
        Christian

Comment

Working...
        X