Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug? VRayLight Element/GI Element

Hi all

So it seems that in the GlobalIllumination Element you see all the indirect light, and in the Lighting Element, you see all the Direct light.

However, in the case of VRayLightMtl, it is the other way around. The light cast from a VRayLightmtl shows up in GI Element, but not in the Lighting Element.
    Is this intentional, a bug, or am I missing something here?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Hmmm I DO have Direct Illumination switched off in the material. So it stands to reason then that if I switch this on, that it will display correctly. I can't test it now, but will it then disappear from the GI Element, and show in the Lighting Element?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Well, most of it will show in the lighting element. Some of it will remain in the GI element (especially in areas close to the light itself).

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Vlado,
        I don't know what I might be doing wrong, but with the vraylight material set as the base material in a blend material, with a glass coat and shellac ticked, the vraylight material is not creating any GI or lighting. Applying the same vraylight material outside the vrayblend material produces the correct GI/Light.
        What might I be doing wrong?
        Many Thanks
        Patrick

Comment

The "direct illumination" option of VRayLightMtl works only if the material is directly applied to the mesh and is the only material on it.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
          X