Vray displacement problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray displacement problems

Sorry I had to blur the logo since it's confidential...

Anyway on the left it was looking ace.. once in the scene, it just take forever to render.. ( so in the end, it do not render..)

In the scene, I just added a simple logo on the sidewall that I want to be embossed.. when in a scene alone it render well with the displacement in the vrayMtl (but, with the vraydisplacement modifier( in both scene..), he's tiling the texture even if it's uncheck in the bitmap! ), but in the complete scene.. it do not work.. it calculate forever!

Read the text in the image, it's all explained.

thank you
    Attached Files

check your UV mapping of the object you applying the logo to
    ALSO
    your dynamic memory limit is on default of 400mb which is WAY too low. Set this amount to about 80% of your computers RAM
    for example if you have 16GB memory, then you can set this value to 12000 or even 13500. It will go quicker

just how much does it need to be embossed by? maybe you can get away with using vraynormalmap in your bump slot?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Hey thank's man! that was the problem User fault haha. But the repeat of the tile with the vraydisplacement modifier is not corrected, that is a vray bug. My mapping is correct. I have to use the displacement in the Mtl instead.

Comment

Oups I speaked to fast... it was working with the displace modifer inmax... but when I switched to the Displacement in the vray mtl, it do not work... same thing! calculating forever on the presampling displacement... so it's a bug..

Comment

use the vraydisplacement modifier on top of your UV mapping modifier of your object.
          apply your VRaymaterial with the logo in the diffuse slot to your object so you can see in viewport if it is correct. If correct, then drag your diffuse texture to "new ball" in material editor. Go into the bitmap and ONLY change the filename of your bitmap that you prepared for the displacement (which will be same size and dimensions as the one you used for your diffuse). Now drag that bitmap into the texture slot in slot provided in the VRayDisplacement material
          done
          (remember to increase your dynamic memory limit)

if you still get problems then delete ALL displacement for the logo. In its material go to the bump slot and stick in a VRayNormalMap and into the normalmap stick your diplacement.jpg texture
          its not the right way to do it, but if all else fails and you have a deadline...
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

Working...
          X