Error (-197)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error (-197)

I just received the upgrade to VRay 2.0 and I'm trying to get it to work with 3dsMax 2013 on my Win 7 64 bit machine.
    I un-installed and deleted all the files associated with 1.5, and ran the installation (as administer) choosing to start the VRay and the Wibu Network Server as services.
    I then right-clicked on "Change VRay license server" to run as administer and changed the Primary license server from local host to the IP of my machine.
    Starting 3ds Max 2013 and choosing VRay as the renderer - I get the "Could not obtain a license (-197).
    I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

did you reinstall the wibu drivers? you may need to do that also.
    Dmitry Vinnik
    Silhouette Images Inc.
    ShowReel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

When you open the license server status page, do you see a license for V-Ray 2.0 listed? The error number (-197) means that V-Ray could not find a license for V-Ray 2.0.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Morbid - yes I did reinstall the wibu drivers.
        vlado - I'll look into that in around 12 hours when I'm back at work.
        On my way out of the office, I spoke with on of our IT guys, thinks it could be a firewall issue.
        thanks

Comment

Ok then; you can email us to vray@chaosgroup.com if you have further issues.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Problem solved - I had to send a context.wbc file to support, and minutes later received the update.rtu. Excellent support. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X