Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blown out proxies

Hi all

I have these flowers from the HQ plants1 pack, and in the attach image some of the flowers are completely blown out, while other instances of same are fine?
    In my elements, its also visible in GI and RawGI. I'm using LWF. Only thing I can think of, is that the jpg's for the flowers are too white (too bright). But then why aren't all of the same flower proxies blown out?

I will try bringing the output for those maps down to maybe something like 0.75 and see how that goes.

AA: Adaptive DMC 2, 16
    GI: Irmap on Medium preset
    LC 2000, retrace on 0.5
    Noise 0.85 and 0.01

Anything I may have missed?

Click image for larger version

Name:	blownout.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	876529
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

You can apply separate materials to proxies, do those all have the same mat?
    Colin Senner

Comment

yes I know. There's 5 different types, and like I said I will try lower output in the diffuse jpgs
      ...as soon as I can get to it
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

some of them are luminescent. how strange. Do they behave like that with an override material on?
        James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
        Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

havent tried that yet...
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

turns out the flowers had an rgp output of 1.5 for some reason. Made it all 1, and some even 0.7.
            Also, I had a wall a bit to the left of that, that has a bright orange which resulted in floating point above 1. Made that wall darker also.

Not sure which of the 2 was giving more problems, as didnt have time to test it, so ended up just changing both things and now it's fine
            Kind Regards,
            Morne

Comment

Working...
            X