vray camera and state sets in max 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray camera and state sets in max 2012

When trying to use state sets in max 2012 and record a vray camera state, max throws an unhandled expeption in max.net.

Any ideas what may cause this. It doesn't happen for a standard max camera.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

You should report this to Autodesk so that they can fix it. It is also quite possible that it is already fixed in a Product Update for 3ds Max 2012, or 2013.

In general, I was told that "State Sets does not track every parameter on lights, cameras, or materials. For lights it tracks On/Off Multiplier and Shadows. Most max cameras don't have much to track ether . I can see with Vray Lights and Cameras there may be some more important things to track. If you could give us a list of what they feel are the most important things to track in Vray Lights and Cameras that would be great. We can then evaluate and implement that."

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I think it works in max 2013...I guess I could use that. I was only asking because my pipeline is still currently max 2012 for the current set of projects and I wanted to get it working for that. I only need position and rotational tracking for cameras, lights and nulls. Anything else like multiplier is not really important to me at the moment.
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
      X