Distributed Rendering only works under admin accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed Rendering only works under admin accounts

So, do I seriously have to have all my render slaves logged in as administrators? At first, I didn't really care, because the boxes were stuck in the server room where nobody except our IT guy and myself had access to them via some remote desktop service. But there are a couple graphics machines in the office I would like to utilize for distributed rendering. The problem is, these machines are left available for anyone in the office to use for random graphics use. I really don't want to have to leave them logged in as an administrator for everyone to jack up, but any time I "switch user" but leave myself logged on as an admin in the background, the machine does not respond to distributed rendering. Also, they do not respond when I have spawner running as a standard user.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by rmaytee; 01-08-2012, 10:07 AM.
    Timothy Saunders

Which V-Ray version is this? I think we fixed this issue in the recent service packs.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Version 1.50.SP6
      Timothy Saunders

Comment

Ah, well that explains it then This is already fixed in the latest versions.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks. I guess I will have to forgo my Cintique 24hd and finally upgrade my Vray
          Timothy Saunders

Comment

Working...
          X