Vray not loading irradiance map on render farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray not loading irradiance map on render farm

I’m trying to figure out how to get my render farm to use saved irradiance maps (never done it before) but having issues with the servers throwing errors saying they can’t load the irradiance map.

I've tried saving out the map on my laptop and then rendering on my laptop and it works great, finds the file on my hard drive and away it goes rendering, but if I try it on the render farm it just won’t load. I'm changing mode to 'from file' and linking to the file before sending to backburner.

I’ve tried linking the irradiance file before sending it to backburner queue to where I’d normally put my maps on our network \\global\europe\renderfarm\etc\etc\maps\ and I’ve tried copying it to the hard drive of the backburner manager machine and linked it as c:\temp\ before sending it to backburner but it still gives the same error that it can’t load.

Is there a different workflow for dealing with irradiance maps on render farms ? Any ideas ? I'm administrator on all the render machines if that makes a difference.

I'm using 3ds Max Design 2012 64bit with Vray Adv 2.30.01 64bit.

Cheers,
    Colin

Think I sorted it... My laptop was using 2.30.01 and the farm was 2.10.01. Must have forgotten to upgrade the farm months ago. Everything else I sent worked fine in vray with the different versions though. Ah well, you live and learn

Comment

Working...
    X