Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zdepth pass & transparency.

Hi,
    Have done a lot of searching in the forums etc, with no luck, so could some just let me know if it is possible to see transparancy in the zdepth render element pass with the render being aliased, i.e filtering OFF. If so could someone let me know how.

Thanks

So you want to see the zdepth grey point for the plane of glass as well as the zdepth grey point for objects behind the glass in the same zdepth render element? I would imagine that is impossible, as the greys would be added together to make a darker grey.

However, I could be misunderstanding.
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

Not as complicated as that. Just want to see the Zdepth value of an object through a transparent object, without having to turn filtering on which results in antialised edges on objects, an hence artifacts in when depth blurring in post.

Comment

Like Tricky said, having two Z-depths in the same element is impossible. Either you have that of the transparent object, or you have that of what's seen through the transparent object.

Whenever I need both depth passes, I render one extra image without the glass. Only problem with that method is that blurring and refraction will be off. If you have clear glass with no refraction distortion it works fine.

An option in vray to tell it to ignore transparent objects in the Z-depth channel would be good. Or maybe an extra element that does that?
        www.whiteview.se

Comment

Working...
        X