Mesh light select

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesh light select

Not always but certainly more often than not. When I create a mesh light and then select pick mesh, after clicking my object it creates the light but it moves it to a random point in space. It doesn't maintain the original objects position. Some times it does, some times it depends on whether I have selected "replace mesh with light".

Has any one experienced this issue?

I had this before. Try to reset transformations and put a reset xform on that piece of geometry you try to create your light from. Worked for me back then.

Regards

Oliver
    https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

I always thought it was in relation to the pivot of the object vs. it's current location.

Comment

I will try reset xform and see if it works. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Hmm reset Xform was grayed out suggesting that it doesn't need it but still it places the light incorrectly. Even if I put in the XYZ absolute coordinates from before it was made into a mesh lights it is still in the wrong location.
          Last edited by ; 15-08-2012, 06:28 AM.

Comment

It seems because the object was part of a group it causes it to move. If ungrouped the mesh light replaces the object without moving.

Comment

Thanks for the pointer; will try to fix this.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks, I just tested on a new simple scene and the same thing happened.

Comment

Working...
                X