Render Elements EXR and TIF Compositing Discrepancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render Elements EXR and TIF Compositing Discrepancy

I am finding that when I save out an EXR with my render elements contained inside it - it composites perfectly in Photoshop but, when I save out the same render elements as TIFs, it doesn't composite correctly.

I am using exactly the same render settings and compositing structure, does anyone know why this might be happening ?

Thanks

N

Click image for larger version

Name:	PHOTOSHOP COMPOSITE STRUCTURE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	876634

Click image for larger version

Name:	LWF SETTINGS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	415.6 KB
ID:	876635
    Last edited by Infrared digital; 16-08-2012, 08:51 AM.
    www.morphic.tv
    www.niallcochrane.co.uk

just a geuss but it's because exr can save 32 bit data while tif only goes to 16?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

I tried it with 32 bit Tifs and the problem is the same.

Just wondering, are the layers composited correctly in Photoshop ? I am learning this at the moment so not overly knowledgeable about it.
      www.morphic.tv
      www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

Maybe put one layer of the tif over the same layer of the exr and put the top layer into "difference" mode so you can see the gap in colour data between the two? Is it colour management in photoshop doing it perhaps? Or does it treat tifs in a different way to exrs?

Comment

Sorted !! I merged the model into a new max and rendered it without using one of my Render Presets so, exactly what VRay setting it was that caused the problem I am not sure.

Thanks for your help

N
          www.morphic.tv
          www.niallcochrane.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X