Problems trying to create realistic smoked perpex material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems trying to create realistic smoked perpex material

Hello all, Im a newbie to the 3ds max and v ray world, I have a scene im trying to create in which i have a solid table with a flush door on one side and an overhanging top, the exterior is wrapped in 4mm smoked acrylic and the interior is made of a m.d.f core and i have realised creating a shell of plastic simply reveals the inside of box, im trying to create the solid core along with 4mm thick acyrlic with realistic defintion. is it possible to uplaod my scene so that someone can have a look at it or a screenshot?

Thanks in advance im really stumped on this.
    Last edited by nicholias; 20-08-2012, 06:27 AM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mirrortable1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	845958Click image for larger version

Name:	mirrortable2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	845959 Ok so im using V-Ray lights and plane too sit my object on, that part I think i've grasped well enough, but the material is proving to be a pain. I've tried sample materials sourced online that closely match what i'm after but upon appointing them to my table they lose all of their characteristics.

Edit: the table is comprised of a mdf core finished in white with a 4mm acyrlic 'wrap' so you see it should not be see through in refractive terms but display the kind of detail 4mm plastic would on white mdf...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by nicholias; 20-08-2012, 06:34 AM. Reason: add some info

Comment

EDIT: I thought you were posting in the vray for Sketchup forum, but I just noticed this post is in the max forum. Which program are you using (if not SU, you can safely ignore my post...)

how exactly are you "appointing" you materials? Do realize that there is currently a copy/ paste bug where you can't properly copy materials from one Sketchup model to another. You would do best to save the material from your material editor (as a *.vismat) and in your destination file, you would load the material.

Are you able to post your model as a zip file? Otherwise, you could PM me and I'd be glad to take a look.

Andy
      Last edited by andybot_cg; 20-08-2012, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Apperently the forums limited the size of zip folders to 97.7kb?! I compressed mine down to 213kb...

Comment

Working...
        X