Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wool thread

Hey Guys,

i go crazy....has anyboby an Idea how i get a thread of wool. I tried out hair & fur & vrayfur but i couldnt control it so i decides do wrap splines around it si simulate the litte fine hairs. So cant anybody give me an advice for material and options to model a wool thread?

thank you guys
    Attached Files
    www.twentyfourpixel.de

Hi,
    can share a quick example that i made with Simcloth, V-Ray Fur and Bump texture.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Test_01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	845980
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

That looks awesome!do you have more information about the creation??
      www.twentyfourpixel.de

Comment

Hi,
        here are the basic reproduction steps:

Name:	Capture.JPG
Size:	359.8 KB
ID:	845982
        *Create plane and boxes like in the screenshot
        *Attach all the boxes(fibers) over the plane and add Simcloth/Cloth modifier. For the plane Simcloth/Deflector
        *Use Simcloth Vertex to attach the bottom row vertexes to the plane
        *Deform the fibers with Noise, Taper, ffd box ... to get different orientation so they will fall during simulation in different positions.
        *Start simulation
        *Convert to poly and add mesh-smooth, material and V-Ray fur.

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Size:	330.8 KB
ID:	845983

You can modify some of the steps or improve this workflow depending on your needs.

Comment

Ok at fisrt look the technique seems interesting, tried it, I dont know if there s something I dont do correctly but I got down to 10 boxes by 10 boxes( more then that was way too much cpu computing...) and even with a 10 * 10 boxes it goes really crazy with the calculation of the simulation, did you calculate a simulation for 2-3 days or I missed something, Did pretty much what you mentionned above, all the way to the start simulation! and stuck computing what seemes forever....can't imagine doing a really big surface....Am I missing something? (In the simulation progress box it goes up to 320 subframes??)

Comment

Hi,
            I used a box rows/column 17/30 for the example simulation, which took about 15min on i7 PC.
            Will try to recover the Simcloth settings later, because after the simulation i have converted all to poly.

Comment

Working...
            X