Max 2013 and RT bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max 2013 and RT bugs

I've definitely been experiencing some bugs with RT and Max 2013. The main problem seems to be a major crash bug which happens randomly when I hit my perspective hot key -- Max just straight up crashes. Also, when I scrub through a scene that has a dummy rotating some furniture, Vray standalone crashes (Windows 7 kicks in and tries to fix).

I have 2 GFX cards, so I have RT set up to use CUDA (GTX 680) . Another problem is whenever I'm changing light parameters it takes almost a minute to "transfer MB tree to CUDA device". Not exactly real time.

Another issue is RT is not responding to the UVW maps at all. The maps are scaled way up. I've had scenes where is does work, but one of my scenes it doesn't respond to. This scene is 16 million poly's plus, so I don't know if this is the issue.

Things just seem real unstable with RT and 2013. I'm assuming this is do to the new Max rewrite, but what do I know. Anybody else been experiencing anything weird?

-e

Is this all on the GPU? What do you mean by "RT is not responding to the UVW maps"? By "perspective hot key" do you mean the "P" key? If yes, is your view maximized? Can you get us a scene to vray@chaosgroup.com with the dummy rotating furniture thing?

For the light update issue, this will be addressed in the next update.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
    X