Latest vray and max 2012 DR issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest vray and max 2012 DR issues

I have just updated vray to the latest version for 3dsmax 2012 and have an issue with DR. I have one workstation and four render nodes. The issue is that sometimes the buckets on the same machine just stop processing (or so it seems, the cpu usage drops to 9%) whilst rendering an image using all machines and DR. It varies between nodes and even sometimes the workstation. The only way to resolve is to stop the vrayspawner on the offending machine or if it is the workstation I have to start the render again or just render the problem area.

Any ideas what could be wrong ? This wasn't happening with 2.01 version of vray.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Is this related to a particular scene, or it happens for any scene? It is possible to get me a process dump from the 3dsmax.exe process on the affect render slave when this happens the next time? (You can generate a dump either from the Task Manager - right click on 3dsmax.exe process > Create dump... or with Process Explorer).

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

It is doing it quite often on the current scene I'm working on. I will see if it does the same thing on other scenes once I get to work on those.

I've actually just started a dusk version of the scene and it is doing it on the main workstation. All buckets are sitting there and cpu processing is down to 9%.

I'm creating a dump file now whilst 3dsmax is still rendering . It's taking ages but will send across when it's done. What email address should I send to ?

UPDATE: As I said...the previous install of vray didn't have the bucket/cpu problem even with this scene.
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

The file was 25gb so I don't think I will be sending this.
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

okay...the performance has now gone to 100% again and all buckets are fine. I have 25gb of installed RAM and 35G swap file. Do you think it could be something to do with this and max was just swapping ?
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Buckets on my system have stopped again..performance down to 9% before end of render. Ram usage is almost 100% I am using multiscatter with lots of grass for these images.
            Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Sorry about all the replies. Render window says unloading geometry. Why does this happen on the updated vray but not the old ?
              Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
              X