Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multitexture and DR map issue

Hi guys,

Is anyone running the CG-Source Multitexture successfully with DR? I have installed Multitexture onto the slave and my PC but can't render out via DR! I have checked the missing maps option but this isn't flagging anything up. I can render out normally on my PC fine with no problems but with DR active the render slave buckets aren't showing the mappings assigned. I am new to the whole multitexture thing........Am I missing something?

Thanx
    Is it penry....the mild mannered janitor?

UNC Paths? Mapped paths are the usual culprit.
    Signing out,
    Christian

Comment

trixian,

Nope...It's not the map paths. All are UNC paths.........?

Comment

hmm ok. Well I personally find this plugin to be a bit unstable, and generally try to avoid it. I have several times experienced that it just completely dumps the content it is supposed to read, more precisely it just shows as "empty" and has no textures loaded. I will typically do this as your scene-file gets larger, and your deadline is closing in. I try to use bercon gradient with multiple CC nodes and such instead these days, though I wish I didn't have to.
        Signing out,
        Christian

Comment

Hi Penry,

Unfortunately my experiences with multitexture are somewhat similar to those of Christian in that they are inconsistent / bad. That may be down to my system though. I have therefor gone an entirely different route and bought Vizpark Crossmap, which I can say is absolutely awesome, much better and more versatile compared to multitexture or VRay's MultiSubTex map! And it costs only a couple of tenners.

More info: http://www.vizpark.com/shop/crossmap/
          Comparison between Crossmap and (amongst others) multitexture: http://www.vizpark.com/crossmap-comparison/

I would highly recommend getting it.

So not a solution to your problem I'm afraid but hope this helps anyway.

Comment

Great responses guys. Thanks V much for the info....will check it out.

Thanx again

Comment

Working...
            X