Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRaytoon Thinks Scene Objects Have Been Deleted

Hi,

I'm using VRaytoon with the Include/Exclude type set to Include to make people render as cutouts like this:

After saving and reloading the scene however VRaytoon thinks the scene objects have been deleted. This happened on my last project as well, I thought it was a one off but it's happening again.

Is this a known issue? Or has anyone any idea what is going on?

Click image for larger version

Name:	People.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	876748

Click image for larger version

Name:	VRayToon.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	876747

Thanks,
    Dan Brew

Can you get me a way to reproduce this?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hello DanielBrew

Could you also inform us the exact versions of Vray and Max that you are using.
      We've done some tests with 3DSMax 2013 with Official Vray 2.30.01 and with one of the last Nightly Builds - but everything is working fine here.

Thanks in advance.
      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Hi, thanks for the quick response,

Originally posted by vlado View Post
        Unfortunately not, I've tried but I can't reproduce the problem. The best I can do is email you a scene with the people already 'detached' from the VRaytoon. I will keep trying and if I work out the cause I'll report back.

Originally posted by svetlozar_draganov View Post
        Could you also inform us the exact versions of Vray and Max that you are using.
        I'm using Max 2013 SU4 (Not hat time to install SU5 yet) and VRay is the latest standard build - V_Ray_Adv_2_30_01.
        Dan Brew

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          Ok, can now reproduce it now. It happens if I send the scene to render using 'Batch Render' Dialogue.
          Dan Brew

Comment

Thanks for the update; we'll try to reproduce this here.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

We did not succeed to reproduce the issue in our environment. Is it possible to send an example scene to : support@chaosgroup.com with some steps to reproduce?
              Also please advise if the issue persist with the latest V-Ray version available on our website?
              Best regards,
              Zdravko Keremidchiev
              Technical Support Representative

Comment

How did you manage to render the 3D people as cutouts?
                Kind Regards,
                Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Zdravko View Post
                  We did not succeed to reproduce the issue in our environment. Is it possible to send an example scene to : support@chaosgroup.com with some steps to reproduce?
                  Also please advise if the issue persist with the latest V-Ray version available on our website?
                  I'm sorry it's taken so long but I've had this happen again on my latest project AND this time I think I know how to reproduce it reliably.

The steps to reproduce it are quite simple:
                  1. Create Max scene with a few objects in it.
                  2. Add a VRaytoon effect.
                  3. Go to the 'include/exclude objects' group box at the bottom and add some of the scene objects.
                  4. In the 'Render Setup' dialogue, save out the current render settings including the environment preset category.
                  5. Then load the render preset you have just created.
                  6. Open the VrayToon effect again and look at the include/exclude box - all the object names are replaced with <deleted>.

I hope this helps. I can email a scene if you need me to.

BTW When you network render a scene using batch rendering it appears Max loads any render presets before sending the scene to the manager. This is why the problem seemed to related to batch rendering.
                  Dan Brew

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post
                    How did you manage to render the 3D people as cutouts?
                    You have probably found this out already but you need to uncheck 'visible in refractions' in the VRay object properties dialogue.
                    Dan Brew

Comment

Thank you very much for the feedback.
                      Now we managed to reproduce the issue - I'm going to report into our system and I'll update this thread when we have it fixed.
                      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
                      X