Can't find VRayCompTex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't find VRayCompTex

Hi all - I can't seem to find VrayCompTex anywhere in my maps. I have VRay 2.30.01 with Max 2013. If I look in the plugins it is loaded and if I try and load it again it says 'already loaded.' Any ideas? I'd love to use PGuthrie's trick to soften some edges on my rainscreen cladding using it in combo with VRayEdgeTex.

Cheers,

Dan

EDIT: Ironically I just realized I can't find VRayEdgeTex either. I know I used that within the past few months...but it might have been Max 2012.

Do you have activeshade mode enabled? (vrayRT) incompatible maps wont show up if this is the case...
    James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
    Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

No - I have RT as my activeshade option but i'm in production mode and have that and my material editor set to Vray production. I tried nixing all instances of VRay RT and it didn't make any difference.

Comment

I assume you are using the Slate Editor: are you actually looking in Maps > Standard? Or are you looking in Maps > VRay Adv.? Because the two maps you mentioned are both in the rollout Maps > Standard.

If they really aren't there, and since they ARE in fact loaded as plugins, you might consider resetting the material/map browser. See below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	SlateEditor.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	846108

Comment

Believe it or not what was happening was that when I was in slate and looked under 'Standard' the bottom of the list was cut off by my screen with no scrolling option. Weird it doesn't come up. I had wondered if that was happening last night and tried searching for it in the slate material\map browser but the search didn't come up with anything which is kinda weird too. When I just browsed for it I found it.

Anyway - thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
          X