license and wibukey problems under Win8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• license and wibukey problems under Win8

I've just upgraded to Windows 8. Made a clean install of the new OS on my workstation where I have my dongle. I currently have the wibukey process running, but I get a message that the server is not running. Vray works on my workstation only, but I can't access it from my second PC (installed with the remote license setting). DR spawner doesn't work, neither does submitting a job via backburner.
    Generally I'm guessing it's a problem with Windows8 blocking communication between the two computers, but I'm able to access all the shared folders normally as well as use remote desktop. I've turned off the windows firewall on both machines and there's no secondary firewall/antivirus software installed yet. Any ideas what's causing the problems?

Hi,

Please make sure that you have V-Ray license server started.
    Wibukey server is not related to the V-ray licensing and it doesn't matter if it's started or not.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Well... I've downloaded the wibu drivers from the wibu website and it started working. I know this doesn't make much sense, but as long as it works I won't complain.

Comment

Working...
      X