DR imap calc getting "out of sync"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR imap calc getting "out of sync"

no idea whats up, but im doing a long (900 frames) flythrough calc using 2 machines. it starts ok, but by the 20th ( out of 38 ) or so frame of the calc, i can clearly see the second machine seems to be rendering buckets from a slightly different frame.. things are offset by a reasonable distance in those buckets.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dr error.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	877055

you can see in this frame easily, its a simple train track, looking at the wooden sleepers you can see the offset buckets.

it takes an absolute age sending imap samples between the machines at the start of each frame, but im not sure why that would cause an issue.. on another note it seems to be taking longer than expected to do the calcs... a single frame calc of this (very simple) frame takes about 20 seconds at my settings.. now, after doing 20 other frames before it in flythrough/multiframe, this one was taking close to 6 minutes to calc. on 2 oc'ed 6 core jobbies.
    Last edited by super gnu; 19-12-2012, 10:18 AM.

ive just checked, imap is 500 meg on the disk... so that would explain the time taken to transfer it (well i have a 10 gb connection between the machines, but still it never seems to utilise it properly anyway...)

Comment

ok stranger and stranger, i tried rendering the first frame of the animation, using the saved partial imap and full lightcache. i got a render where both machines were -obviously- rendering different frames.

so assuming a restart would help, i saved the max file and restarted the spawner and max on my workstation, and reloaded the file.

surprise surprise its -still- rendering a different frame on each machine.!!. wtf?! i didnt see an error like this since the first days of DR, and even then you could fix it by restarting the spawner.

heres a crop of the second test render. as you can see.. its screwed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dr wierdness.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	846558

Comment

fyi im rendering frame 500 on my workstation. the vray messages inform me the slave is starting frame 500 also. but its obviously not.

Comment

just tried rendering a fresh version with a new imap/lightcache on single frame. its -still- rendering a different frame on the spawner.

is there some config file i can delete to fix this?!?

Comment

hi,

Do you use the option "restart slave on render end" for this scene?
            Do you use backburner to submit the DR job?

It looks like the slave renders the first animation frame.
            Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
            X