spherefade and fog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spherefade and fog

not sure if this has been posted already. im still on 1.5 and ive just started using vraysperefade in my scene and im noticing that any glass in the scene that has fog will render the fog and affect alpha. dont know how far back (or farwards this goes) since its the first time ive tried this combination.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vrayspherefadeerror.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	274.4 KB
ID:	877167
    Last edited by Da_elf; 24-01-2013, 05:52 PM.

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

anyone with 2.x getting this? wondering if this was solved and its just a 1.5 error
    Last edited by Da_elf; 27-01-2013, 06:56 AM.

MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with

Comment

According to my test - this issue doesn't persist in 2.3 version.
      If it is possible please attach your scene - and I'll test it with your setup and with Vray 2.3

Thank you in advance.
      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

here is a test file
        test.zip

Comment

We reproduced the issue and forwarded it to the developers.
          For now as a workaround you can use VRayEnvironmentFog for the fog effect instead.
          Best regards,
          Zdravko Keremidchiev
          Technical Support Representative

Comment

This is a side effect of VRaySphereFade trying to work with transparency. You can try disabling the "affect shadows" option for the VRayMtl material with the fog, though of course this has other side effects.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

well since the entire front of the building is glass then my results wouldnt be good if i played with affect shadows or if i turned off shadows on the glass all together. problem is there are various glass objects in the scene and it would be a pain to have to go through all of them to change settings. if i turn off refractions all together then im messd up since the object im using sphere fade on has its own glass
              Last edited by Da_elf; 31-01-2013, 12:59 PM.

Comment

The only other thing that I can think of, it to add a "Work with transparency" option to VRaySphereFade - let me know if this works for you.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

sorry, didnt see the reply. as long as it ignores everything outside of the atmospheric gizmo when rendering. transparent objects are fine just as long as they dont have fog in them

Comment

Working...
                  X