Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray light portal brightens scene?

Hi,

not sure if this is a bug or user error.

I light an interior scene using vray sun/sky. To get better shadows in the room i have put a large vraylight in front of the window (there is only one window but its huge) and have set it to "portal". I thought this would improve the shadows without changing the light in the scene but it makes the scene brighter, causing the area around the window to be too blown out.

Is this normal or is something wrong with the portalmode?

I am using vray 2.10.01

thanks
    Kalle

mkay, problem gone. I have no idea what caused it or solved it but when I render the scene now it looks the way it should....

Comment

Portal Lights should introduce better light distribution into the room but nothing like blown out regions.
      This could only happen if you are rendering without exposure control.
      Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
      Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

I use a vray physical camera in the scene, but its not used for exposure, so it has the same exposure as a max camera... could this be the problem? Now it renders like it should so not sure what was wrong.
        It didnt really brighten the whole scene, only the wall right by the window got more blown out.

Comment

If you come across this issue again please send us the scene to: support@chaosgroup.com so we could investigate further.
          Best regards,
          Zdravko Keremidchiev
          Technical Support Representative

Comment

sure thing...

Comment

Working...
            X