3ds max render completely different from maya render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3ds max render completely different from maya render

So I have two basically identical renders.

I have two identical models and created identical shaders. I am using the same HDR image mapped to a vray light dome and all my vray settings are identical. And yet my images look completely different. My maya one looks how I would expect it to look but my 3ds max render looks either super-contrasty or too bright if I toggle on SRGB in the VFB. I thought it was something with linear workflow but the vray settings for color mapping are identical. Now I'm fairly new with 3ds max so maybe there are other color controls outside of the vray controls that I don't know about. I've included bits of both renders for reference.

Any thoughts?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Compare.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	877169

Is the scale the same? What kind of mat you have applied?
    Colin Senner

Comment

Standard vray material. Same scale.

I found the difference was the gamma was cranked to 2.2 in the max preferences (as opposed the the gamma in the vray preferences). Now they are almost identical except that that the maya rendering is way colder and the max model is way warmer.

Any ideas what that is about? Again, both HDRs and render setting are identical.

Click image for larger version

Name:	compare2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	846761
      Last edited by evanerichards; 25-01-2013, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Are you using Vray Physical Camera? If yes make sure that white balance is the same.
        Is it possible to attach both scenes along with the HDR file ?
        Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
        Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
        X