Activeshade window won't update plus I can't close it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activeshade window won't update plus I can't close it

I am having problems with the Activeshade window. It starts to not update anymore when I change my lighting and then I can't close it. I right click, choose "close" and nothing happens. I have to restart max to start over with it.

I am running Vray 2.30.01 and 3DS Max Design 2013 (product version 15.0)

Any ideas what's going wrong? Thanks.

Do you have any particular reproduction steps, or it happens randomly? Have you tried the 2.40 build?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I open up Max, start the activeshade window, and it opens. Then I can't close it. I choose the close option but nothing happens. I haven't even done any work yet, or if I have tried to change my lighting (adjust hdr brightness, etc.) it doesn't update in the window. I have tried a Vray dome light as well as the environment slots. I am wondering if I have an issue with my display overall? Before I unhid all of my max layers on my car, and the objects did not show up in the viewports (even in wireframe) for a minute. Really weird stuff going on.

I have not updated Vray yet either.

Comment

There is usually some text in the ActiveShade window... what does it say?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I created a brand new scene and merged my existing objects into it. Now things seem to behaving better. Very weird! I'll post again though if it keeps happening.

Comment

Working...
          X