Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vraylightselect and max batch render

Hello,
    I can't get the vraylightselect to work with the max batch render. Other vrayrender elements render fine but the vraylightselect pass are black.
    Without the batch, it render fine!

Any idea?

Thanks

Can you be more specific and describe your workflow, because everything reneders fine in my tests. What is your export file type ?
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

Thanks,
      I'd tried exr and tga in the batch render.
      Batch render can't use the vray frame buffer, render is done within the max frame buffer.
      All pass are saved but return black for lightselect while other pass like renderId render fine.

Comment

Hmm exr, tga, pngs - it's all OK.

Max and Vray versions ? Can you upload a simple scene here ?

Peter Matanov
        Chaos

Comment

Sure but As our deadline is so tight, we wonder if there is a way to submit the job to Distributed rendering to the same workstation? Can we submit the job to DR, so another instance of max will start to render the job in the background while still working on the scene? Like In BB?

We usually use BB to submit different camera view but under max 2013, the BB return an error message and we can't get rid of it for now. We are waiting for Autodesk support at the moment, but any faster solution ios welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by fraggle View Post
            Sure but As our deadline is so tight, we wonder if there is a way to submit the job to Distributed rendering to the same workstation? Can we submit the job to DR, so another instance of max will start to render the job in the background while still working on the scene? Like In BB?
            You can use the 3dsmaxcmd.exe command to render scenes from the command line; you can also run the backburner server on your workstation, but as you said that this doesn't work, it's probably not much of a help.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Why you need sending the job to DR , when you can start two Max's , one for rendering , and a second one for working on the scene ?

Peter Matanov
              Chaos

Comment

Sorry, It was not clear.
                We would like to queue several render to the main workstation. As BB is faulty at the moment, we are looking for another solution and are wondering if Vray as this option integrated somehow.
                The batch render may have solve our problem but we face vraylightselect black render while using the batchrender.

Comment

You can write a simple .bat file that calls 3dsmaxcmd.exe for the scenes that you want to render.

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

Maybe try deadline? It's free for up to 2 render nodes.

Comment

Thanks,
                      We tried, but so far no result. Got an error code while rendering.

Comment

You can maybe try to render to a multichannel OpenEXR file and then extract the elements, if the problem is somehow with the image saving, and not something else.

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

We find out that doing again the vrayselect process finally works, but after some test, switching to batch or max frame buffer or whatever (can't find exactly what create the problem), the vrayselect render black again.
                          To make it works we have to make the final render right after the vrayselectlight is done otherwhise it render black (either save file or the buffer).

Comment

Does the issue persist only with one particular scene? Can you attach an example scene with that problem?
                            Best regards,
                            Zdravko Keremidchiev
                            Technical Support Representative

Comment

will try to recreate the issues and send you the file.
                              Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X