VrayPhysicalCamera "grid" visible when selected and in camera view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayPhysicalCamera "grid" visible when selected and in camera view

I'm slowly transitioning to Max 2013 and noticing an annoying bug when using the Nitrous driver: when you have the Vray Physical Camera selected the "Grid" from the "Show Cone" is still visible in the camera viewport, in previous versions (and if I switch to the directX driver) the grid was not visible in the camera viewport. I can make the grid not show if I switch it to "Never" but it was nice to be able to have it show in the other viewports when working on the camera.

Am I missing something?

EDIT: I'm running 2.40.01 x64
    Last edited by dlparisi; 12-02-2013, 10:22 AM.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Thank you very much for your feedback.
    I will add this into our "to-do" list.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

It's been a loooong time and I'm now on 6.1, but I'm currently trying switch back to the vray cam over the max one and the "show cone" grid is still showing when viewing through a selected camera. Is there a way to turn this off without resorting to turning off "show cone"?
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

That actually would be very cool. I frequently have to turn that feature on and off. An option to not show in the camera view, but to show in other views would be awesome, but the other settings should remain as well (OFF or only when selected). In other words, just add the option NOT to show in camera view without removing any other options. (Never remove features...)

Comment

Originally posted by dlparisi View Post
          It's been a loooong time and I'm now on 6.1, but I'm currently trying switch back to the vray cam over the max one and the "show cone" grid is still showing when viewing through a selected camera. Is there a way to turn this off without resorting to turning off "show cone"?

Originally posted by Joelaff View Post
          That actually would be very cool. I frequently have to turn that feature on and off. An option to not show in the camera view, but to show in other views would be awesome, but the other settings should remain as well (OFF or only when selected). In other words, just add the option NOT to show in camera view without removing any other options. (Never remove features...)
          Indeed, it's an old one (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-1493). Not many people (basically nobody) requested this for a period of 10 years, hence why we did not prioritize it. I'll add your requests to the issue and see if something can be done about it.
          Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

It’s just one of those little annoyances. I never thought about dlparisi’s option to hide it only in the camera view. That solution solves all my issues… I still get to see it in 3d space, but it doesn't clutter the camera. This would be the mode I would use all the time. Right now I have to switch in back and forth.

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
              Indeed, it's an old one (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-1493). Not many people (basically nobody) requested this for a period of 10 years, hence why we did not prioritize it. I'll add your requests to the issue and see if something can be done about it.
              So with Joe's requested we've now doubled the activity (and it only took 10 years)! Thx.

Comment

But doubling the activity got you a new option into the latest release

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	219
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	1178001
                If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
                Chaos

Comment

Saw this yesterday. Thank you! ​​​​​

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                    X