DR problem - black buckets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR problem - black buckets

We are getting black buckets in frames if we have more than 30 machines working on a DR image.
    Setting 40 or 50 machines means about 20% of the buckets render black or dark.

limiting to 30 machines means everything works fine. It doesn't matter which 30 machines.

Is there anything I can do about this?

<speculation>
    To me it seems like some sort of network congestion timeout or something. All of the textures are on a NAS with a 10GB network connection.
    Everything starts rendering relatively quickly (~1min) it sort of seems like the bucket traffic is getting tangled up or something.
    </speculation>

R

So is it a texture issue? If you render a scene without textures, does it come out ok?

Have you tried turning off multithreading on the master machine (or setting the V-Ray threads to 1)? Sometimes if the master machine is heavily busy with rendering, it might not manage to process DR stuff in a timely way.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I have this problem as well. And after doing some testing on the network, on occasion has a packet loss of information that results in these black squares.

It may be a intermittent or from the network router itself.

Has been fixed restarting routers. There is something to be 100% sure, but for now it appears that it is an overload and loss of data from the network to the farm.

Comment

That would be odd, ideally V-Ray should try to requeue the failed buckets to another machine, but perhaps it doesn't realize that the buckets are lost and keeps waiting for them. We might need a timeout for buckets (although that might bring in other issues).

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Just checked and it still does it with textures off.
          I will experiment with changing the thread count on the master machine.

Comment

Working...
          X