Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory problems.

Hi,

Ever since I started using vray I have faced regularly a nasty memory problem. Sometimes even a simple house model eats all my memory(24 gigs.) Does anyone know what's causing this? I am using max 2012 and vray 2.0 and windows 7 64 bit.
    I have one problem scene right now that's totally unusable. I hope someone can help here.

edit: Only thing that has changed after I migrated from brazil 2 to vray is that I started using color correct plugin. Does it have something to do with this problem. All the files in my current scene that does not have color corrected materials work just fine. All the files that are using color correct have memory leak. Is this a known problem? Is there any workaround for this? I like using color correct when using gamma 2.2. Is there a better option with gamma 2.2 than having color correct plugin?
    Last edited by vermu; 25-02-2013, 01:47 AM.

I found out the problem and it's max's motion manager. I found out a script that disables it and cleans memory. I just merged one light from a file sufferering from the memory problem. One light caused the memory usage to jump from 3 gigs to 15 gigs. I had to run the clean memory again. Quite annoying problem

Comment

So all is good now? In general, I don't know of any V-Ray components that have anything to do with the motion manager.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I quess it's about the TrackNodes, if yes, I had same issue, and script fixed it.

Comment

Yep, It's about tracknodes. I don't know if tracknodes are connected to vray, but I didn't have this problem with brazil 2. It's easy to run the script when encountering defected scene. So problem solved.

Comment

can you share the script?
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com
            e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
            phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
            • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
            • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

You can try this Cleaner http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/sc...cleaner?page=1

Comment

Here's the script I use now. I found this from autodesk forums. There was a very long thread about the same issue and finally someone created this script. gc() part can take some time if scene is heavily corrupted. It can take several minutes.

t=trackviewnodes;n=t[#Max_MotionClip_Manager];deleteTrackViewController t n.controller
                and run this to clear memory
                gc()

Comment

perfect, thanks a ton!
                  Bobby Parker
                  www.bobby-parker.com
                  e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                  phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                  • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                  • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090