X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could not obtain a license (-200) when license server is on Linux

Hello,
    I've got a strange problem.

We've got a license server on Ubuntu, it has been installed from "VRay for Maya" package. It works fine with VRay Standalone on Ubuntu and Windows as well.

Today we faced with a problem when we started 3ds Max and VRay. VRay displayed an error "Could not obtain a license (-200)". We checked everything on all machines in different networks which we had. Unfortunately with no result.

Then we installed a license server from "VRay for Max" on Windows on one of our laptops. VRay in Max on localhost worked perfect. Then we switched the 2 laptops together with twisted pair, set IPs and tried running Max on the second laptop. It worked as well.

Then we installed a license server on the same laptop but on Ubuntu. We set IPs etc. Max on the second laptop displayed the same -200 error.

Is it possible I can't obtain license when I connect "VRay for Max" and license server from Maya? Or when I connect computers with different operating systems (Windows - Ubuntu in this case)?

All license servers were installed on physical (not virtual) machines.

Hi,

The license server, which is a part of the Linux build of V-Ray for Maya has some issues on that regard.
    Please send us a request to support@chaosgroup.com and we will provide you with new updated Linux V-Ray license server, which can serve licenses to 3ds max as well.
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Ok, thanks

Comment

Working...
      X